Easy Steps on Applying For Canada’s Student Visa Online
A study permit is another name for your student visa. It is this document that allows you to lawfully stay in Canada to study as a foreign student.
In this article, we will go over the steps you should take to apply for a student visa to study in Canada online.
But first, let’s take a look at some of the advantages of applying for your Student Visa online.
Benefits Of Applying For Canada Student VISA Online
The advantages of applying for your Student Visa online are as follows:
- You will not have to pay courier charges or wait for standard postal delivery. When you submit your application electronically, it is immediately sent.
- All applications are processed more quickly when they are submitted online.
- Once you have created an online account on the official website for Student Visa applicants, you’ll receive regular updates and notifications on the status of your application.
- You will be unable to submit your application until it is fully completed. This is advantageous to you since you will avoid submitting an incomplete application, which will be rejected.
- If you are asked to submit extra documents by Canadian Immigration online, you can quickly do so by scanning and sending.
Now it’s time to get you on the road map to obtain your Canadian student visa.
1. Get your necessary documents ready.
Before you can apply for and be granted a student visa, you must have some necessary documents.
Documents such as:
- Acceptance letter from your selected Canadian institution, must be a DLI (Designated Learning Institution).
- Your valid passport or recognized travel document.
- proof of financial support, either from yourself or family members, to sustain you during your stay in Canada.
Before you can apply for a Student Visa or Study Permit, you must supply the three documents listed above.
There are several more documents you may require as well, such as:
- If you want to study in the Quebec Province of Canada, you need a certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) which translates to Certificate of Acceptance to Quebec.
- A letter of explanation written by you,
- If you are a minor that is, you are under 18, then you need a custodian declaration which you can provide by grabbing the Custodian Declaration Form.
- There are other documents that might be needed depending on the Student Visa instructions for your country. It varies from region to region.
2. Apply Through The Student Direct Stream.
Applicants from China, Pakistan, Morocco, India, Vietnam, and Senegal benefit from the Student Direct Stream, which allows them to apply for their Student Visa or Study Permit more quickly. This option has the advantage of obtaining your study permit faster.
If you live in any of the aforementioned countries, you can apply for the Student Direct Stream online at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html. This technique typically takes approximately 20 calendar days to process your application.
3. Get your materials like scanners etc., ready.
To apply online, you will need resources such as a scanner or a high-quality camera to capture or scan the documents. Because you will need to upload electronic copies of these papers with your application. You will also need a valid and current debit or credit card to pay the application cost online.
4. Make sure you read the Official Instruction Guide.
This guide is essential for both online and offline applicants. To avoid confusion, the instruction guide explains how to fill out each field on the application form.
The instruction manual is available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5269-applying-study-permit-outside-canada.html. If you are applying for a student visa from outside of Canada, this guide is for you.
5. Prepare your appropriate answers for the online tool.
These questions are required to be answered before you can submit your application forms. The answers you provide will influence how your document checklist is personalized for you. Make sure you’re ready for the questions.
6. Know that you will need to pay fees.
Many times, the expenses you must pay include application processing fees for you and anyone else you include, as well as a Biometrics Fee.
At the completion of your application, you will be asked to pay your fees. If you use the services of a visa application center, you must also pay for their services. You may be required to pay for medical exams, language tests, police certificates, and other services.
7. Create your online IRCC account. Or if you already have an account, sign in.
You must have an IRCC account in order to apply for your study permit or student visa online. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is abbreviated as IRCC. For the Canadian government, this department is in charge of dealing with refugees, Canadian immigration, and Canadian citizenship. You can use your IRCC account to:
- Pay your important and requested fees,
- submit your online student visa application,
- and to check your application status.
To create an account, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/register.html.
The above steps have indeed highlighted all you need to state up your application process.
Leave a comment about any challenge you would love us to check or research for on your behalf.